Thursday, January 13, 2011

Party Girl

More library humor! I guess I'm just a library nerd... because I cannot get enough pop culture references to libraries and librarians. My branch manager turned me onto a Parker Posey movie called "Party Girl" which is a 1995 film.


This movie is HILARIOUS. Basically, Parker Posey's character (Mary) is this wild and crazy girl that gets into some financial trouble. So she goes to work as a library clerk for her godmother. She falls IN LOVE with librarianship... particularly the Dewey Decimal System.


The best part of the film is when Mary is working at the Circulation Desk and she spots a patron placing a book back on the shelf in the wrong area. She basically just freaks out on him and begins yelling "DID YOU KNOW WE HAVE A SYSTEM FOR THAT? BUT THANKS FOR GIVING US A BETTER IDEA! WE CAN JUST PUT THE BOOKS ANY D*#$ PLACE WE FEEL"


Anyway... Party Girl... Netflix it.


No comments:

Post a Comment